There are a couple ways that the A record for your domain can be set. You can either do this from within cPanel or WHM. If you are on our Shared or Business hosting plans, you will need to do this in cPanel. Please note that the domains nameservers will need to be pointing to the server that is used to complete the steps below.
How To Set The A Record Within WHM
- First you will want to Login to your WHM
- Next, Locate DNS Functions within the WHM Menu
- This can be found quickly by using the search bar and searching for DNS
- After you find that, you will want to click on Edit DNS Zone.
- Select the correct DNS Zone that you are wanting to set the A record for.
- Click the Edit button
- Go to the bottom of the next page to where it says Add New Entries
- Choose “A” in the dropdown box
- Enter the host name you want in the textbox on the left side.
- Enter the IP in the textbox on the right
- Click Save to save these changes.
How To Set The A Record Within cPanel
- First you will want to start off by Logging into your cPanel.
- Once in the cPanel, you will want to navigate to the Zone Editor. This will be located in the Domains section of your cPanel.
- Select Manage next to the domain that you are setting the A record for.
- Select Edit next to the appropriate record that you want to modify. This should be an A record that you are modifying.
- Once done inputting the necessary information for your domain’s A record, you will want to click on Save Record. Or to cancel any changes without saving them, click on Cancel.
Keep in mind that any changes made to the DNS Zone File can take upwards of 24 hours to propagate and for the changes to reflect on the internet.
If you don’t have the nameservers pointed to use your hosting plan here at Ch-center. You may need to contact your current Domain’s registrar to get the A record set for your domain name.
If you should have any questions or would like assistance, do feel free to contact us through Live Chat, on our Phones, or by submitting a ticket with our Technical Support team.